The Team Management Profile is a research-based psychometric profiling tool for personal, team, and leadership development that delivers a framework to build high performing organisations.
The TMP is about learning, not assessment. The Profile can be used throughout organisations to improve performance and achieve better business outcomes. The Profile provides a common language and framework for individuals, teams, and organisations to recognise their strengths in the workplace enabling positive, lasting change.
Constructive, work-focused information helps individuals understand why they work the way they do, and how they can develop strategies to improve how they work with others. The Profile and related materials provide insights about your work preferences in relation to leadership style, team building, interpersonal skills, and communication.
Assessing Individual Strengths
The TMP provides the knowledge required to improve work performance at an individual and team level. When teams achieve a higher level of connection between their work preferences and job demands – it increases the team’s energy, enthusiasm, commitment and motivation, as people are undertaking work they enjoy. As a personal development tool, the TMP is extremely informative and helpful.
Mapping a Team’s Collective Strengths
From a team perspective, the TMP is even more invaluable. Once you have map of a team’s collective strengths and areas for improvement, a team can easily strategise on maximising strengths and minimising the gaps regarding:
- What tasks team members prefer to do – are we working to our strengths? Am I in the right job?
- Team dynamics – how do the members of the team best work together and improve teamwork, collaboration and efficiency within teams and between teams.
- The likely impact of the least represented roles in the team – how might the team ‘plug the gaps’? DO we have to upskill someone in the tea? Is it better to outsource this type of work to a professional, given that it is not the team’s strength? Shall the team delegate the work to someone who would do it well?
- How can the team sustain and maintain high performance at work?
The Value of the TMP
The key to organisational success lies in the ability of people to work effectively together. This only occurs when individuals understand their unique contribution and use these insights to implement change.
- Designed specifically for use in the workplace
- A detailed, work-focused, feedback tool
- Model of work
- Model of people
- Holistic depiction of an individual’s approach to work
- Link learning back to a concrete training and development Action Plan
The TMP gives individuals the self-knowledge and strategies required to improve their performance and work. Use it for:
- Team building and development
- Leadership development
- Management development
- Conflict resolution
- Career Planning
For All Team Members
The TMP provides you with an understanding of critical tasks and where you are more likely to focus your energy. It shows participants how their leadership preferences are formed and what it means for how you do your job and work with others.
- Senior leaders
Knowledge of your work preferences gives participants a greeted understanding of how to lead and interact more effectively with their team.