LSI 1 provides you with the opportunity to take a close look at yourself. In a sense, it acts as a mirror, reflecting back the image you have of yourself. Sometimes this image is flattering and reassuring, sometimes surprising, and other times difficult to accept.
LSI 2 provides you with the valuable opportunity to take a close look at yourself through the eyes of eight others who know you well. This gives two balancing perceptions – your self-concept together with an accurate measure of the way your intentions and actions are interpreted by colleagues. A request for feedback opens the lines of communication between you and those with whom you work.
This can result in the following benefits:
- greater self-understanding
- improved ability to work as part of a team
- knowledge of the impact your behaviour has on others
- increased productivity
- stronger interpersonal skills
- fresh perspective on your potential strengths and areas of difficulty